Saturday, December 22, 2007

Crap Work

Today wasn't really that exciting, all I did was go to work and come home. Well I guess there is a couple interesting things about my day.


I work at Focus Communications as a "customer service representative" but really I am an inbound telemarketer, which means that I don’t call people, they call me. I was scheduled to work today from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Unfortunately I was up really late last night, so I was extremely tired this morning. Well I guess it was a good thing because I un-accidentally slept in this morning until 11.00am. I slowly woke up and got ready. I came upstairs and went on the computer for 15 minutes. Then I woke up my dad and told him I need a ride.
He slowly got up and got ready to take me to work. We were out the door at 11.45am. I arrived at work at 12.00pm, and of course, no one noticed that I was late. That is because focus management sucks and they never notice anything I do or do not do. I sat in my cubicle and got to "work".

The reason I put quotes around work is because I hardly do any. I really hope none of focus management reads this because they would probably fire me. Oh well, I’ll take a chance. Anyway about two months ago I figured out how to get past the Internet block on the computers at Focus. I told everyone about it, and now everyone that is employed with focus knows how to get onto Myspace and other sites.

So back to today, I took a couple of calls and after a while I was already sick of talking to those irate customers. So I did what I usually do and I just put the customers on hold until they hung up or I would transfer them to somebody else without even talking to them or I would just simply hang up.

Part of the reason I wasn’t willing to do my job was I recently found out about online confession sites. They are the new black. It’s so fun to read other people's twisted confessions and it makes you feel better about yourself.

Finally, it was 5.00pm and it was time to leave. I used focus' system to call my house to tell my dad to pick me up, but no one answered! I called my mom but she didn’t answer. Then I started calling my friends but they were all busy. So I decided to start walking to the bus stop because that was my only choice. When I got to the bus stop I called my mom once more and my dad answered and said he was on his way from Wal-Mart to pick me up. I told him to pick me up on the corner of 25th and Washington, which is where most hookers try to get picked up.

Luckily, I didn’t see any hookers, when my dad pulled up I jokingly said, "Are you looking for a good time?" and my dad said, "yes, get in!" so I did. I know, I know it sounds dirty but my dad and I joke like that all the time.

We drove home and I rested for the rest of the day. I tried to find some friends to hang out with but I had no luck so I decided I was bored enough to write this blog...
I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it!
Click on some links and earn me money!
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write compliments here