Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Yet another family party

It is really going to suck once school starts again because I have made a habit of waking up around 11.00am every morning. Well today I woke up at 10.59am, is that progress?

I got up and grabbed my new phone that I got for Christmas, got dressed and went upstairs. I ate breakfast then got on the computer. At around 2.00pm we left to another party, this time it was at my aunt’s house. When we arrived my aunt put us to work. She told me to go shovel the driveway.


When I got out to the driveway it was pure ice. I have never had this hard of a time shoveling a driveway. I was relieved when I found the rock salt, but it didn't help much. About an hour and a half later I was semi-done. I decided to just give up. I walked into the house and sat down. Dave, my aunt’s husband, came home and tried to sell me one of his old computers.

I told him that I will think about it and continued to watch TV. At about 4.00pm some of my relatives arrived and we ate dinner. After dinner we decided to go see a movie. My dad, my aunt and my uncle were all debating what movie to watch. They argued about the golden compass. We finally agreed to just go rock climbing.

We all left the house and went down to the Solomon center in Ogden, Utah. When we got there we all signed a form to go rock climbing. We entered the building and put on the gear that we needed. Everyone over 16 years old was trained on how to belay. My cousin Matt was the first to go up. When he reached the top my dad let him down... FAST! I didn't see the whole thing but I look over and saw Matt it the ground full speed! It was scary for me so it must have been frightening for him. Luckily the ground was cushioned so he wasn't injured.

I was next to go and I was kind of scared because of what my dad just did. I went anyway. It was really difficult and my dad helped me on some parts by pulling on the rope. When I reached the top my dad let me down too slow and it hurt my nuts.

When I got to the bottom I thanked my dad for not killing me and I walked over and talked to my cousins. I went up once more after that then we left. I bought some cheese fries and walked to the car. My forearms hurt and I felt week.

When I got home I learned that my senile grandma was spending the night. It sucked. I was angry, so I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write compliments here